The Value of Sea Clear Financial Planning, LLC
At Sea Clear Financial Planning, LLC the focus is on developing lifelong relationships built on trust, expertise and the highest level of client service. We believe in empowering clients with knowledge so they make wise informed financial decisions throughout their lifetime.
Each day we strive to improve our client’s “Return On Life” by focusing on Six Key Value Propositions pioneered by Mitch Anthony.
Organization. We will help bring order to your financial life, by assisting you in getting your financial house in order (at both the “macro” level of investments, insurance, estate, taxes, etc., and also the “micro” level of household cash flow).
Accountability. We will help you follow through on financial commitments, by working with you to prioritize your goals, show you the steps you need to take, and regularly review your progress towards achieving them.
Objectivity. We bring insight from the outside to help you avoid emotionally driven decisions in important money matters, by being available to consult with you at key moments of decision-making, doing the research necessary to ensure you have all the information, and managing and disclosing any of our own potential conflicts of interest.
Proactivity. We work with you to anticipate your life transitions and to be financially prepared for them, by regularly assessing any potential life transitions that might be coming, and creating the action plan necessary to address and manage them ahead of time.
Education. We will explore what specific knowledge will be needed to succeed in your situation, by first thoroughly understanding your situation, then providing the necessary resources to facilitate your decisions, and explaining the options and risks associated with each choice.
Partnership. We attempt to help you achieve the best life possible but will work in concert with you, not just for you, to make this possible, by taking the time to clearly understand your background, philosophy, needs and objectives, work collaboratively with you and on your behalf (with your permission), and offer transparency around our own costs and compensation.
COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING & INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Because it is easy to lose sight of all that is being accomplished throughout the year, both in the forefront and behind the scenes, below is reminder of the Comprehensive Financial Planning and Investment Management services Sea Clear Financial Planning provides to help you and your family achieve all your estate planning, insurance planning, cash flow management, investment planning, tax efficiency, education funding and retirement planning goals.
I. FINANCIAL GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Each year we review with our clients their financial goals and objects to ensure they stay focused and on track. Additionally, we work together to alleviate any financial concerns.
II. CASH FLOW ANALYSIS
- We review and update our client’s cash flow analysis to make sure our clients are clearly aware of all their resources and expenses.
- We work with clients to save the appropriate amounts in any petty, emergency, education or retirement accounts given their resources and goals.
- We monitor the amount of debt our clients are carrying and offer recommendations in a Debt Management Summary for the most efficient and organized way to reduce that debt.
III. INSURANCE PLANNING
- We update our clients Life, Long-Term Care, Long-Term Disability, Auto, Home and Umbrella Insurance Summaries.
- We recommend clients touch base with their agents annually to be sure their insurance coverage remains adequate and appropriate given the cost.
- We offer to be a part of any calls or visits with insurance agents.
IV. INCOME TAX PLANNING
- We review our client’s tax returns and offer tax planning recommendations.
- In retirement, we work with our clients on taking portfolio withdrawals and required minimum distributions to ensure it is done in the most tax efficient manner.
- We offer to work with our clients and their tax accountants to maximize all tax planning opportunities and reduce liabilities.
- We offer to be a part of any calls or visits with tax accountants.
V. EDUCATION FUNDING
- For clients with minor children we review education funding goals, provide solutions, and recommend the appropriate amounts to save given cash flow.
- We recommend the appropriate education saving vehicles.
VI. RETIREMENT PLANNING
- We update our clients Retirement Planning Analysis to determine if they can comfortably retire given their retirement date, projected retirement living expenses, estimated retirement income, life expectancy, investable assets & investment assumptions.
- For those clients in retirement, we review portfolio withdrawals to make they are taking them in the most tax efficient manner. We also calculate, plan for and set up monthly withdrawals that will meet RMD requirements.
VII. INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- At Sea Clear Financial Planning, the number one investment planning priority is to make sure clients feel comfortable and confident with their investment portfolio. We work toward achieving it by the following:
- We communicate with our clients throughout the year and during market downturns to educate them on market conditions and how it relates to their portfolio and risk tolerance.
- We review with our clients their risk tolerance questionnaire to make sure our client’s investment portfolio is appropriate given their answers and financial profile.
- We discuss with our clients how their risk tolerance questionnaire correlates to their investment portfolio and performance returns.
- We provide to clients an Investment Policy Statement that states our client’s time horizon, risk tolerance, the recommended portfolio strategy, and the roles and responsibilities involved in constructing and monitoring the portfolio.
- We monitor our client’s investments on an ongoing basis to ensure their portfolio is appropriate given their goals and objectives, risk tolerance, and time horizon.
- We rebalance our client’s portfolio when necessary to ensure it remains properly allocated.
- We educate our clients on the importance of long term investing and tuning out the short term noise that creates market volatility.
- We update our client’s net worth statement annually and compare current level of assets, liabilities and net worth to the prior year.
- We review current savings contributions to determine if clients are growing their wealth in order to meet their financial goals.
- We review the costs and benefits of maintaining any investment properties.
VIII. ESTATE PLANNING
- We discuss our client’s estate planning documents annually to ensure they continue to be appropriate given any changing circumstances.
- We work with our clients and an estate planning attorney to ensure our client’s wealth is passed according to their wishes.
- We work with clients to update beneficiary designations so their wealth passes efficiently.
- We help clients plan for the care of and financial well-being of children in the event of parental death.
- We work with our clients to arrange for health care decisions in the event one becomes incapacitated.
- We offer to be a part of any calls or meetings with estate plan attorneys.
As always, it is my pleasure to work with you and I look forward to a continued positive and productive relationship.
Kelly L. Trageser, MBA, CFP®
Sea Clear Financial Planning, LLC